Sunday, June 8, 2008

Teva Games















This weekend was a great opportunity for us to come together as a group and get some real experience talking with strangers, as Vail came to life with the Teva Mountain Games right in our backyard. What you see in the picture is what I saw all day yesterday as a volunteer at the games, where a few of us ran a feed station for some mountain bike races. There were hundreds of riders that competed in races ranging from beginner to professional skill level, and we got to interact with them up close.

It's amazing to see what people can do when they train hard and put their all into an competing in an event. Being around all of these elite athletes reminded me that we are to train the same way for the gospel and in our walks with Christ. Philippains 1:27 tells us to "strive side by side for the gospel". Hebrews 12 and 1 Cor. 9 tell us to "run with endurance" and "run that we might obtain the prize". Seeing these guys and gals in such top shape reminded me of the mindset that I should have towards becoming like Christ, so that I can honestly say with Paul that "I press on to make it my own, since Christ has made me His own."

Jobs should start for most of us this week, and that is the place where most of our ministry should occur over the summer. With over 40 of us spread through the Valley, we are hoping that we can experience change within ourselves and see change in our co-workers as we try to fulfill our call to be lights to the world. There will probably be some challenges along the way, but that's when our "striving" and "endurance" should kick in. It's my prayer that it does.

Allen

Check out
the Teva Mountain Games
See where we attend church and have our weekly gatherings

No comments: